Santo Tomas Vision, Mission, Goals and Objectives
The premiere and urbanized municipality in Davao Province with strong middle class society, robust agricultural economy anchored on innovations, science-based and fair trade practices, with restored natural environment and protection of other natural resources and governance that is principled and compassionate.
The Local Government Unit of Santo Tomas shall uphold the interest and welfare of its constituents by pursuing:
- social equity;
- socio-economic development that is climate change-resilient and adaptive;
- restoration and protection of natural environment;
preparedness and mitigation of disasters;
- and transparency, accountability, integrity and fairness in governance through dynamic citizens’ participation, continuous capacity building and organizational systems development.
- allocation of resources on the bases of efficiency and equity. channeling of resources to developing areas where greater economic benefits accumulate and where there is greater need, distribution being dependent on the practicality and urgency of needs
The CLUP shall endeavor that the following goals will be demonstrated by the end of the planning period:
Natural and Physical Resources
- Sustainable environmental programs prioritizing protection, preservation and development of water and forest resources implemented;
- Open space, tree parks, plaza and greenbelt areas established;
- Riparian Zones/Road-right-of-way cleared of informal settlers;
- Sand, gravel and earth-fill quarrying strictly regulated and monitored;
- Revised Zoning Ordinance strictly enforced;
- Boundary issues with Talaingod, Kapalong, B.E. Dujali, Davao City and Panabo City discussed and resolved
- Reduced incidence of poverty;
- Increased employment and improved working conditions;
- Sustainable, productive, equitable and climate-smart agriculture;
- Increased investments in commerce, trade and industry;
- Implemented Local Investment Incentive Code
- Developed Indigenous People (IP) communities and preservation of their cultural heritage;
- Developed industrial tree plantations.
- Populace practicing healthy lifestyle;
- Full access to Health Care and Hospitalization
- Increased access to free tech-voc and college education;
- Poor, vulnerable and disadvantaged people enjoying more benefits;
- Improved access to adequate, liveable, affordable and disaster-resilient housing;
- Developed Parks and Playgrounds for all age-group to enjoy.
- Relatively peaceful community with improved social capital and reduced crime rate;
- Need-responsive, well-planned, efficient, and climate change-resilient infrastructure facilities.
- Safe and clean environment and disciplined and vigilant citizenry;
- Innovations in solid waste management developed;
- Increased adaptive capacity of vulnerable groups to climate change and disasters.
- Sanitary Landfill established
- Waste Water Treatment Facility established
- Government officials and employees demonstrated excellence in job performance;
- Evident participation and collaboration of the people in problem-solving and decision-making;
- Open communication is practiced;
- Pursued modern technology and innovation as tools of governance.
- Strict implementation of Citizen’s Charter
The realization of the goals of CLUP will be guided by the achievement of the following objectives:
Natural and Physical Resources
- To formulate and implement the municipal environmental and natural resource plan with the MENRO taking the lead focusing on water bodies and reforestation;
- To revise, enact and enforce the updated Zoning Ordinance 2016-2028;
- To resolve the boundary issues in collaboration with the concerned agencies and LGUs.
- To reduce the poverty incidence by 50%;
- To increase employment rate from 96% to 98%;
- To sustain the global competitiveness of agricultural products and profitability of small farmers;
- To improve trading practices of exportable bananas and other fruits both locally and internationally;
- To set up a business-friendly environment for both local and external investors;
- To integrate the Ancestral Domain Strategic Development Plan (ADSDP) in the CLUP and CDP and support its implementation;
- To promote and encourage industrial tree plantations in collaboration with the DENR and private investors.
- To promote total wellness, work and life balance, preventive and curative health care in all spectrum of the society;
- To provide full access to health care and hospitalization;
- To increase the number of graduates in tech-voc courses and those with baccalaureate degree by 2% to 5% and from 8% to 15%, respectively;
- To augment the budgetary support for projects intended for the poor, vulnerable and disadvantaged people by not less than 10 %;
- To reduce the housing backlog by not less than 100%;
- To develop 13.982 hectares of parks and playgrounds both in urban and rural barangays;
- To reduce the crime rate by 50% and aim for a public satisfaction rating of not less than 80%;
- To improve the road network, drainage and transportation facilities both in the urban and rural barangays ;
- To increase the households with access to adequate potable water by 100%;
- To increase the households with access to electricity by 95 %;
- To improve Telecommunication System in the Municipality;
- To reduce vehicular accidents by 50%;
- To ensure that all vehicles plying the municipality’s route are registered with LTO and MTFRB.
- To develop at least two (2) major innovations that will advance the Solid Waste Management Best Practices of the municipality;
- To ensure that all population living in areas susceptible to flood and landslide are informed and trained in preparedness on disaster risk mitigation;
- To develop programs and projects aimed at increasing the adaptive capacity of vulnerable groups to climate change and disasters
- To raise awareness on risk reduction
- To review and institutionalize a LGU structure that is appropriate and capable to implement the Comprehensive Land Use Plan (CLUP);
- To improve and sustain the performance evaluation system of the local government unit and other agencies;
- To operationalize inclusiveness, transparency and accountability in all levels of government undertakings;
- To develop and sustain the implementation of gender sensitive human resource capacity-building program to build the competence and commitment of the government workers and partners to serve the constituency;
- To adopt state-of-the-art technologies and create enabling environment for innovations in governance to flourish;
- To sustain peace and order condition and ensure public safety.